Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux): 1.5.12
Windows 8 Store: 1.4.2 (x86/x64/ARM)
v1.5.12 26. Nov. 2014
– New: Translation Ukrainian beta.
– Changed: Translation (Czech, Italian and Spanish).
v1.5.11 09. Sept. 2014
– Fixed: Loading mods sometimes fails on certain Linux and Mac systems.
– Fixed: Font sizing issues on mod buttons, when using localized version.
v1.5.10 08. Sept. 2014
– Fixed: Error when updating remoteSettings from server.
– Fixed: Level background would move when adjusting budget sliders for labs.
– Changed: Turned off analytics.
v1.5.9 05. Sept. 2014
– Fixed: Font sizing issues on notification button and staff info panel, when using localized version.
– Fixed: When switching from ‘performance’ to ‘quality’ animation setting, point display is no longer updating.
– Changed: gdt-modAPI no longer allows adding multiple topics with the same name.
– Changed: Rebalanced the Zombie topic.
– Changed: Updated Arabic, Swedish and Turkish translations.
v1.5.8 18. Aug. 2014
– New: Skip button appears when synchronizing workshop items doesn’t respond anymore.
– Changed: Improved status messages while synchronizing workshop items.
– Changed: Translation (Czech, German, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian).
– Fixed: Error occured when changing animation mode to Performance during developing a game.
– Fixed: Workshop item synchronization stopped when a corrupt file was downloaded.
– Fixed: GDT.loadJs wasn’t able to handle absolute paths.
v1.5.7 14. Aug. 2014
– Fixed: Error message when timeago localization can’t be loaded.
– Fixed: Mod images weren’t displayed on Mac version.
– Fixed: Error happend when restarting the level after bankruptcy.
– Fixed: Game didn’t start on Windows XP.
v1.5.6 12. Aug. 2014
– Changed: Improved backward compatibility for non steam workshop mods.
v1.5.5 11. Aug. 2014
– Fixed: Error message appeared when firing a staff member.
v1.5.4 11. Aug. 2014
v1.5.3 11. Aug. 2014
– Changed: Improved handling of mod updates.
– Changed: Legal agreement notice on mod window.
v1.5.2 10. Aug. 2014
– New: Added Steam overlay after successfully updating or publishing a mod.
– Changed: Improved handling of mod updates.
– Changed: Improved handling of subscribing and unsubscribing mods.
– Changed: Added Steam legal agreement notice to mod window.
– Changed: Improved mod list.
– Changed: Improved translation (Portuguese and Swedish).
– Fixed: Added click sounds to mod window.
v1.5.1 07. Aug. 2014
– Changed: Improved handling of mod updates.
– Changed: Improved parsing of package.json when uploading a mod.
v1.5.0 06. Aug. 2014
- New: Steam Workshop support (subscribe, publish and update mods).
– New: Language setting synchronization with Steam language settings.
– New: Added selection indicators to make selected items and mods more visually distinct.
– New: Added Tutorial settings to allow turning tutorials off completely.
– New: Added animation quality settings to reduce late-game lag.
– New: Added non-intrusive newsletter widget. If you like the game, why not subscribe?
– New: Added meta information about mods used to save games.
– New: Compatibility check and warnings when active mods don’t match with saved state.
– New: Added jQuery Timeago translation files (localizing the save/load screens completely).
– Changed: Improved translation (Arabic, Czech, German, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Russian).
- Changed: Improved error message display.
– Changed: Improved mod list UI and savegame UI.
– Changed: Added new events for modders: GDT.eventKeys.gameplay.staffApplicantsGenerated, GDT.eventKeys.gameplay.staffHired, GDT.eventKeys.gameplay.staffFired, GDT.eventKeys.mod.allLoaded, GDT.saves.loaded, GDT.saves.newGame
- Changed: Increased save game slots to five.
– Changed: Refactored the way researchable topics are calculated to make it more accessible to modders.
– Changed: Exposing more internal review methods to modders.
– Changed: Exposed more internal methods for managing staff.
– Changed: moved grid sale calculation to Sales.applyGridSales to allow easier modding.
– Fixed: gdt-modAPI: Checks.checkMissionOverrides did not return true when it should.
– Fixed: When using windowed mode the window size starts smaller than 1024×768.
– Fixed: End game stats crashes if no games are produced.
– Fixed: Occasional scrolling issues when using the mouse wheel.
– Fixed: Rarely the “Paused” text displays when the game is not paused.
– Fixed: Multiple character selection buttons “wiggle” at the same time.
– Fixed: Sometimes a bankrupt message would appear just after restarting a level.
– Fixed: Minor typos and grammatical issues.
– Fixed: It’s possible to start a new game or contract before the previous contract has finished.
– Fixed: GDT mod data is not cleared when starting a new game.
– Fixed: Settings are only saved when game is saved.
– Fixed: When budget sliders in lab have focus, navigating via arrow keys no longer works.
– Fixed: Several cases of incorrect font sizes when using translations.
v1.4.16 24. Jul. 2014
– New: Translation Greek and Turkish beta.
– Changed: Translation (Arabic, Czech, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian)
v1.4.15 12. Jun. 2014
– New: Translation Polish beta.
– Fixed: English grammar.
– Fixed: Game history text overlap.
– Fixed: Dynamic font size calculation.
– Fixed: “Turn it up to 11″ achievement for mmo extensions does not fire.
– Fixed: Crash when flippingCounter images were not loaded properly.
v1.4.14 20. May 2014
– Fixed: Game fails to start via Steam client on some Linux distributions.
v1.4.13 6. May 2014
– Changed: Translation (Czech, French, German and Russian)
– Fixed: Dynamic font sizes. (Linux)
v1.4.12 15. Apr. 2014
– German retail version
v1.4.11 2 Apr. 2014
– New: Touch support for desktop version.
– Changed: Decreased speed of typewriting for Arabic language.
– Changed: Translation (Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish and Swedish).
– Fixed: GameSphere icon is missing if file system is case-sensitive.
– Fixed: Dynamic font sizes for notification titles.
v1.4.10 14. Mar. 2014
– Fixed: Dynamic font sizes for translations
v1.4.9 13. Mar. 2014
– Fixed: Typewriting animation for right-to-left languages
– Changed: Translation (Czech, German, French, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish)
v1.4.8 12. Mar. 2014
– New: French translation (Beta)
v1.4.7 11. Mar. 2014
– New: Right-to-Left language support (Beta)
– New: Arabic (Saudi Arabia) and Swedish translation (Beta)
– Added: Translation credits for Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, Russian and Romanian
v1.4.6 12. Feb. 2014
– New: Added a main menu button (bottom left) to make it possible to access the menu without a keyboard.
– New: Player can choose which save game to use if the local save game is different from the one stored in the Steam Cloud.
– New: Translation credits.
– New: Dutch and Chinese translation (in beta).
– Fixed: Linux Steam integration (Achievements).
– Fixed: Missing localizations.
v1.4.5 21 Nov. 2013
– Added: Mod support
– Added: 6 languages all in beta (Russian, Portuguese (Brazil), Czech, German, Hungarian, Spanish)
v1.4.4 9 Sep. 2013
– Fixed: ‘Game reports’ were not available for expansion packs.
– Fixed: Second genre was ignored (not available) for expansion packs.
– Fixed: In rare cases the Steam achievements didn’t activate properly.
– Fixed: Misc. typos.
– Potential fix for white screen issue.
– Changed: added missing license files
v1.4.3 31 Aug. 2013
– Changed: Adjusted audience rating for later consoles.
– Changed: Steam achievements should now trigger correctly.
– Fixed: Changing focus to ‘player’ text box by using Shift and then typing capital letter would incorrectly trigger Steam overlay.
– Fixed: In rare cases the Develop New Game button is missing after publishing a game.
– Fixed: Steam overlay is often unresponsive.
– Fixed: Retire date of later consoles were incorrect.
– Fixed: Misc. typos.
v1.4.2 29 Aug. 2013
– Fixed: In rare cases an interview event would occur just after a game is released, resulting in an error.
– Fixed: Misc. typos.
– Changed: Re-balanced Virtual Pet topic.
v1.4.1 22 Aug. 2013
– Fixed: When platform retires the information about how many games were sold are incorrect.
– Fixed: Potential issue when calculating sales anomalies for games.
v1.4.0 20 Aug. 2013 (first release on Steam)
- New: ‘Game reports’ mechanic allowing you to gain insights from released games.
– New: ‘Multi-Platform’ development and engine option (mid-game unlock).
– New: Development hints which were gained through game reports are shown in the UI.
– New: Increased the importance of topic choice when judging development decisions.
– New: Extended story and added/adjusted consoles. Normal game now runs for 35 years.
– New: Allow editing game name in the release screen.
– New: More random events.
– New: More bailout options when game is almost ready.
– New: Steam Cloud storage support and Steam achievements.
– New: Zombie topic.
– New: Completely new artwork for the second office.
– New: Training options now show hints if used more than once.
– New: Engine parts: Game tutorials and Better user experience (replaces previous controller parts).
– New: Game window will now remember the window state (windowed/fullscreen).
– Changed: Rebalanced all topics.
– Changed: Rebalanced the Strategy genre.
– Changed: Rebalanced all platforms.
– Changed: Slightly decreased bailout payback amount.
– Changed: Instead of upgrading computers the entire second office is now renovated.
– Changed: Allowing longer game names.
– Changed: Adjusted the release time of the TES 64 and Game Sphere.
– Changed: Removed sudden spikes of difficulty for some play styles.
– Changed: Reduced the influence of a very large fan base on sales.
– Changed: UI improvement on the game definition screen.
– Changed: Removed the Startups topic. Any occurrences will be replaced with the Business topic.
– Changed: Overworked staff are now more likely to generate bugs.
– Changed: Adjusted XP Bonus combos for new release screen.
– Changed: Reduced game memory usage.
– Changed: Research point generation is now more dynamic based on team size and current research points.
– Changed: It’s now slightly easier to get a clean score of 10 (all those insults to All Games on social media took their toll) but a hidden achievement was added for extraordinary games.
– Changed: The order of topics is now completely randomized when starting a new game (before, the first eight topics were always the same).
– Changed: Game contracts are now slightly easier.
– Changed: Unlock timings for new offices no longer affected by the game length setting.
– Changed: Lifted the maximum level of staff and engine parts.
– Fixed: Several typos.
– Fixed: Settings window does not reflect actual settings when first shown.
– Fixed: Several UI fixed in preparation for translations.
– Fixed: A white pixel is sometimes visible to the top and left of characters.
v1.3.14 23 Jul. 2013
– Fixed: Game dev phase popup was sometimes shown twice.
– Fixed: Custom engine would complete when all team members are busy or on holidays.
– Fixed: In rare circumstances characters would freeze and no further progress would occur.
– Fixed: When hiring/firing staff in a certain order the computers would disappear, leaving only the screen visible.
v1.3.13 01 Jul. 2013
– Fixed: Saving silently fails for some games (node-webkit issue).
– Fixed: The computer and keyboard of a staff member would sometimes not display.
v1.3.12 26 Jun. 2013
– Fixed: Game development phase would malfunction when newly hired staff has a ‘NaN’ workload.
– Fixed: When a platform just retired there was a chance for it to still show up in the platform selection list and publishing deals.
v1.3.11 21 Jun. 2013
– Fixed: Node-webkit does not comply with dom storage quota instruction (regression).
– Fixed: Feature row in release game screen can wrap to two lines in some cases.
– Improved: Reduced the influence of conferences on long running MMOs.
– Reversed: Removed custom sound-buffer fix from 1.3.10 as it is intefering with common system configurations.
v1.3.10 19 Jun. 2013
– Improved: General performance improvements.
– Improved: Update check on start-up no longer caches results.
– Improved: Added text to explain that arrow keys can be used to switch between labs.
– Improved: Requirements for the Fan achievement.
– Improved: Dragging near the left of the screen to move between labs should work better now.
– Fixed: Paused label is sometimes still be visible when game resumed.
– Fixed: ESC button sometimes doesn’t show the menu right away.
– Fixed: In rare cases, game development does not progress any further.
– Fixed: In rare cases, a popup window shows and then immediately closes.
– Fixed: In rare cases, sit-back character animation loops indefinitely.
– Fixed: Game sales box sometimes flickers.
– Fixed: Error when end-game is reached while still in the garage.
– Fixed: Low Audio quality on certain system configurations.
– Fixed: Publisher contracts no longer list retired platforms.
– Fixed: Staff search results are now persisted properly.
– Fixed: Staff info panel in training menu sometimes displays incorrectly.
– Fixed: Feature list in game release screen is on two lines sometimes.
– Fixed: Clicking on lab cards sometimes didn’t work properly.
– Fixed: Application icon in windows volume control now displays at correct size.
– Fixed: It’s no longer possible to drag a file on to the game window.
v1.3.9 09 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: DOM Exception errors because open file descriptors limit is reached. (Mac)
– Fixed: Game would crash when hiring a fifth female staff. (so sorry :/)
– Fixed: Staff list is not displayed correctly on Mac and Linux.
– Fixed: Feature selection doesn’t show up if engine name has a space before or after the name.
– Fixed: Engine development could result in negative remaining points left.
– Fixed: Saving late-game can cause a quota exceeded exception.
– Fixed: Game is still paused when exiting game history with ESC key.
– Improved: Removed delay between loading a level and loading the character from the hot-fix workaround in version 1.3.7+ (Mac and Linux)
v1.3.8 05 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: In-game notifications of available updates is not working.
– Fixed: New linux packages fixing most installation issues on Linux.
v1.3.7 05 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: Most DOM Exception crashes when loading games on Mac should be fixed.
– Fixed: Game should now display correctly on Retina displays.
v1.3.6 04 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: Potential fix for DOM exception crashes on Mac.
v1.3.5 03 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: Music would repeatedly turn itself on again.
v1.3.4 03 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: Problem when loading a savegame. (DOM error occurs when a game for a custom platform is currently on sales).
– Fixed: Problem with being on place 0 with your conference.
– Fixed: Updated Linux distro packages to include dependencies as well as added 32bit and 64bit support.
v1.3.3 01 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: Problem when loading a savegame and an error cannot read ‘title’ of null shows up.
– Fixed: Some of the DOM errors when loading a game.
v1.3.2 29 Apr. 2013 (only released for native version)
– New: Support for cursors keys to switch between office and labs.
– New: Toggle fullscreen button in Settings window to allow playing in window mode.
– Fixed: Immediately after starting the window didn’t always have focus causing the ESC menu not to show.
– Fixed: Dragging the mouse to switch between office and labs now works better.
– Fixed: After the high score the game would crash in native version.
– Fixed: Closing main menu with ESC would require two ESC key downs to show the menu again.
– Fixed: In very rare cases the find staff menu would malfunction.
– Fixed: The update check of the full version used the demo url by mistake.
v1.3.1 28 Apr. 2013 (only released for native version)
– Fixed: In last office the left-most staff could not be clicked on.
v1.3.0 25 Apr. 2013 (first full native version for PC, Mac and Linux)
– New: Full game available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
v1.2.2 15 Apr. 2013 (only ARM version)
– Fixed: Potential issue with on-screen keyboard, where background would move up but not down again on Windows RT when in-game windows are shown.
v1.2.1 12 Apr. 2013 (only ARM version)
– Fixed: Opening the Game History window in later stages of the game can cause the whole background to move up, cutting off the display. (only on ARM devices)
v1.2.0 08 Apr. 2013
- New: Release compatible with Windows 8 RT (ARM devices).
– Improved: Development bubbles now group together into larger bubbles. This is more visually appealing, gives a better sense of progress and improves performance.
– Improved: General performance tuning.
– Fixed: Typewriting sound would play slightly before dialog was open.
– Fixed: Rare crash when loading a save-game where the game is in the game definition screen.
– Fixed: Review messages are sometimes used twice per game. (regression)
v1.1.1 19 Feb. 2013
– Fixed: Game crashes when trying to develop a sequel from a multi-genre game.
v1.1.0 18 Feb. 2013
- New: Introduced longer game options (30 and 35 years).
– Changed: Default game length for new games is now 30 years instead of 25.
– Improved: Hiring button in office 2 is now visible even when training is not yet completed. When button is clicked a message is shown explaining how to unlock hiring of staff.
– Improved: Greatly improved performance while popup windows are shown.
– Improved: Slightly improved performance in later levels when many bubbles are animated.
– Improved: Added ability to deselect genres for multi-genre games.
– Changed: Changed name of ‘controller’ feature to ‘gamepad’ as it is more understandable.
– Fixed: Typos and grammatical mistakes.
– Fixed: If an employee who is responsible for a game feature gets fired during development the game crashes.
– Fixed: Adding a second app in snapped view while Game Dev Tycoon displays the splash screen causes the splash screen animation to show incorrectly.
– Changed: Prepared the whole game for localization (no languages added yet).
– New: Added diagnostic code to help tracking down rare crashes.
v1.0.3 24 Dec. 2012
– Fixed: In rare cases custom engine would never finish.
– Fixed: In rare cases hardware projects would not make any progress.
– Fixed: Disabled expansion packs if no appropriate games are available.
– Fixed: Numerous issues due to invalid expansion pack.
– Fixed: Air con event could cause the game to break.
– Fixed: Numerous grammatical errors in messages.
v1.0.2 14 Dec. 2012
– Fixed: when G3 window shows just before a dev stage, dev progress will not progress any further until the game is reloaded.
– Fixed: SDK was available as a game feature and would result in NaN costs and cause other issues.
– Fixed: Find publishing deal would occasionally crash when all topics had been researched.
– Fixed: Game crashes after researching 3D Graphics v7.
– Fixed: Could not de-select Stereoscopic 3D in feature selection.
– Fixed: Supporter achievement was not granted when game was bought straight from the Store.
– Fixed: Numerous grammatical errors in messages.
v1.0.1 12 Dec. 2012
– Fixed: In rare cases games could sell forever, resulting in huge amounts of money. No one should be that rich!
– Fixed: Platforms retire after year 25.
– Fixed: The end-of-trial screen was showing in certain save games even when the game was already purchased.
– Fixed: Selecting SDK as a game feature crashed the app.
v1.0.0 10 Dec. 2012