Greenheart Games Pty. Ltd.
Greenheart Games was founded in July 2012 by brothers Patrick and Daniel Klug with a mission to develop games that are fun to play instead of mind-numbing money grabbers. Less social, less ville, more game is our current motto.
– We begin developing a concept for a round-based game development simulation planned for the iPhone.
– We change plans and re-target the game to be a real-time isometric simulation for the upcoming Windows Store.
– Greenheart Games is officially founded.
– A preview version of Game Dev Tycoon is released on the Windows 8 Preview Store.
– The full version of Game Dev Tycoon is released and becomes the first simulation game on the Windows 8 Store.
– Game Dev Tycoon is ported to Windows, Mac and Linux and the release causes world-wide media attention when we report our piracy rates on day one.
– An updated version of Game Dev Tycoon is released on Steam to a great reception.
– We release Greenworks, our library which enables integration of node-webkit based games with Steam, under a MIT license allowing others to build upon this and use it for commercial purposes.
Notable blog posts
Who are we?
Patrick Klug (Founder, Director, Game Developer)
Patrick has been in the software industry for over ten years. Prior to founding Greenheart Games to start his own adventure he created the Windows mind mapping application NovaMind 5 as the WPF/C# engineer and Development Manager at NovaMind Software.
Favorite games: Wing Commander 3/4, Theme Hospital, Portal 1+2, Skyrim
Patrick also blogs rarely at www.patrickklug.com
- Brisbane, Australia
Daniel Klug (Founder, Game Developer)
Daniel has been in the software industry for over ten years. Prior to founding Greenheart Games he worked extensively with C++ and later in the WPF/C# and the .NET Compact Framework space.
Favorite games: X-Com, Diablo, Assassins Creed, Portal 1+2
- Graz, Austria
Charlie Morrissey (Community Manager and Support)
Charlie joined us in May 2013 to help us tackle our overflowing mailboxes. Ever since, she has spearheaded the Greenheart Games support emails and actively manages community questions on the forum and elsewhere.
Favorite games: The Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout New Vegas, Dishonored and Sid Meier’s Civilization
- Torquay, England
The best way to contact us is via social media or by sending an email to [email protected]
Alternatively you can use this contact form:
We do not operate a publicly accessible office but our mailing address is
- 89 Manchester Tce.