Greenheart Games Pty. Ltd.
Greenheart Games was founded in July 2012 by brothers Patrick and Daniel Klug with a mission to develop games that are fun to play rather than mind-numbing money grabbers. Less social, less ville, more game is our motto.
– We begin work on concepts for a round-based game development simulation planned for the iPhone.
– We change plans and re-target the game as a real-time isometric simulation for the upcoming Windows Store.
– Greenheart Games is officially founded.
– A preview version of Game Dev Tycoon is released on the Windows 8 Preview Store.
– The full version of Game Dev Tycoon is released and becomes the first simulation game on the Windows 8 Store.
– Game Dev Tycoon is ported to Windows, Mac and Linux. The release causes world-wide media attention when we report our piracy rates on day one.
– An updated version of Game Dev Tycoon is released on Steam to a great reception.
– We release Greenworks, our library enabling integration of node-webkit based games with Steam, under a MIT license that allows others to build upon these tools and use them for commercial purposes.
Notable blog posts
Patrick Klug (Founder, Director, Game Developer)
Favorite games: Wing Commander 3/4, Theme Hospital, Portal 1+2, Skyrim
- Brisbane, Australia
Patrick also blogs rarely at www.patrickklug.com
Daniel Klug (Founder, Game Developer)
Daniel has been in the software industry for over ten years. Prior to founding Greenheart Games he worked extensively with C++ and later in the WPF/C# and the .NET Compact Framework space.
Favorite games: X-Com, Diablo, Assassins Creed, Portal 1+2
- Graz, Austria
Charlie Morrissey (Community Manager and Support)
Charlie joined us in May 2013 to help us tackle our overflowing mailboxes. Ever since, she has spearheaded the Greenheart Games support emails and actively manages community questions on the forum and elsewhere.
Favorite games: The Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout New Vegas, Dishonored and Sid Meier’s Civilization
- Torquay, England
Patrick Kapera (Writer/Game Designer)
Patrick Kapera has over fifteen years’ experience making award-winning tabletop games, including Spycraft, the Mistborn Adventure Game, Little Wizards, and officially licensed games for Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1. He served as Lead Writer for the Doomtown and Legend of the Burning Sands collectible card games, and also worked extensively on Legend of the Five Rings and 7th Sea. Patrick’s mind wanders but he’s filed a missing persons report and he hopes that someday it will return.
Favorite Games: Fallout, Bioshock, Civilization, X-COM, Portal, Elder Scrolls, and oh so many others
- Halifax, United Kingdom and Los Angeles, California
Dave McGabe (Narrative Designer)
Dave has been writing for too long to recall, but he wrote his first video game story in ’97 after playing Final Fantasy 7. It was about a universe-travelling bounty-hunting werewolf and her robot sidekick. Since then he has written for various mediums, companies and games, as well as teaching others how to do the same. He still hopes to makes ‘Robot and Girl’ some day…
He is not really a drawing. He is, however, un-photogenic.
Favorite games: Lots, including Dungeon Keeper 2, Final Fantasy 7, FTL, Planescape: Torment & Space Quest 5
- Dublin, Ireland
Chad Keating (Game Developer)
Chad has a background in audio and visual production working with bands and festivals around the UK. Known as SirEverard within the Greenheart Games community he has became a prolific modder before joining Greenheart Games. In his spare time he is also a hobbyist musician.
Favorite Games: Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Deponia, Grim Fandango and the Final Fantasy series
- Brighton, United Kingdom
The best way to contact us is via social media or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Alternatively you can use this contact form:
We do not operate a publicly accessible office but our mailing address is
- 89 Manchester Tce.